- Social distancing due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- No hassle scheduling
- If unable to drive or get a ride
- Get treated from the convenience of your home
- Hours of the clinic or provider does not matches to your work/life schedule
- Use of advanced technology to offer a solution without waiting and preventing things from getting worse
- Better access to health care
What if I need hands-on or in-person care?
What will happen in your typical session?
- Live Video Call with a Registered Physical Therapist who will assess your condition.
- A customized treatment plan is created for you after the assessment by your PT, who will then monitor you in real-time while you are performing your treatment.
- Easy and convenient booking (typically able to see within 24 hours of booking the appointment
How long will our session be?
A Telehealth First Initial No-Obligation consultation will be approximately 15 minutes where we find out if this is the right platform for you.
Initial Assessment is 45 minutes
All subsequent re-assessment and treatment sessions are 30 minutes. It is recommended that you log in 5 minutes prior to your session and submit your paperwork ahead of time.
Is your fee covered by insurance?
Virtual Physical Therapy is covered by most health care plans. Typically health plans cover all or a portion of the cost for such service. We can find that info for you if you wish by checking with your insurance company.
Do I need a doctor's referral to see you?
No, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a Physical Therapist in Kernersville. However, a small number of health insurance providers may ask you for a doctor’s referral to get reimbursed. Please enquire with your health insurance provider to be sure. If you are unsure, our admin team can find that info for you if you wish to confirm.
What do I need to do before my appointment?
To optimize your time with me, I recommend that you download and submit the completed intake forms prior to your appointment. You will receive an email detailing the same.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
What can be done in a typical Telehealth visit?
- Take a complete history to provide an accurate diagnosis
- Examine range of motion and movements
- Perform a functional movement examination
- Evaluate strength
- Prescribe exercises and stretches – with supporting photos/videos
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to perform them more effectively
- Provide and refine self joint mobilization techniques (self-hands on therapy)
- Provide and refine self directed soft tissue treatment techniques
- Provide a full rehab plan to follow in your own environment
- Educate patients on their injury or condition
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches
What Types of Physical Therapy are Provided with Video Consults?
What do I Need for my Virtual Physical Therapy Session?
How do I Prepare For My Virtual Physical Therapy Session?
Set your device up so that you can do a face-to-face interview and you can move away to show your full body. Change into loose fitting clothing (like you would wear to a gym) so that you can move freely. It is recommended that you log on 5 minutes prior to your session and submit your paperwork ahead of time.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, give us a call, we are more than happy to help.